Membertou Insurance Brokers
General Manager: David MacDonald
The Membertou community is part of the Mi’kmaq Nation of Atlantic Canada, one of the two main Aboriginal groups in the region. Membertou is located near Sydney, Nova Scotia and Membertou Insurance Brokers. (MIB) is within the extensive business portfolio of the Membertou Development Corporation.
Membertou Insurance Brokers is an Aboriginal owned business that is committed to "give back" to the communities that they work with. They do this by supporting Aboriginal employment, education, sports and community growth.
Products and Services: Membertou Insurance Brokers works with our insurance industry partners to provide new products and services customized to meet the needs of First Nation organizations and businesses.
Below is a small sample:
- Commercial Fishing Fleet Insurance Program
- Renewable Energy Insurance Program: the most comprehensive renewable coverage of any insurance provider world-wide.
- Sports and Sports Event Insurance: Membertou Insurance Brokers was the official broker for the 2011 Canada Winter Games and provided insurance for several other events including the 2010 NS Mi'kmaq Summer Games.
- Professional liability including customized Directors & Officers Liability and Errors & Omissions Liability for First Nation economic development corporations and Aboriginal non-profit organizations
- Specialty programs for Police Legal Defense, Aboriginal Trustees program
- Group Benefits program including dental, extended health, short and long term disability as well as critical illness and life insurance.
Community Asset Program -Special Features
- Permission to Delay Construction (for up to “1” year on reserve property for healing purposes)
- Professional & Abuse liability - $3 million coverage
- Owners and Contractors Protection - Covers liability arising from the operation or action of an unrelated worker or contractor while on premises
- Marinas, docks and marine exposures – included in coverage
- Environmental - on-site clean-up costs
- Wrongful dismissal - includes coverage for defence costs as well as settlement claims
Benefits of dealing with Membertou Insurance Brokers
MIB provides general commercial insurance products and services as well as custom designed insurance solutions. An insurance policy is just a piece of paper until you suffer a loss. MIB works with the claims adjusters to ensure your business or community are dealt with promptly and fairly.
Membertou Insurance Brokers will provide a free, no commitment analysis of your current insurance program and point out any deficiencies of your coverage as well as inform you of any advantages to your current coverage. If you like what you see MIB welcomes the opportunity to provide a comprehensive insurance proposal to compare to your current policies. Nothing to lose, much to gain including comfort in knowing you are doing the best for your organization.
Membertou Insurance Brokers
201 Churchill Drive, Suite 307
Membertou, Nova Scotia
Canada, B1S OH1
Telephone: (902) 567-5336
Fax: (902) 562-5536